Monday, December 28, 2009

It's cold cold cold! But that doesn't stop little Nater from spending his time outside! It's definately his favorite place to be. Yes, and Collin's nickname has become Nater. It's funny how nicknames just come. I actually really liked the name Call for a boy since I found out I was pregnant, but who really names someone Call? I love it from my favorite movie Lonesome Dove. One of the cowboys is Captain Call. Anyhow Collin was pretty close to that, but the nickname Coll or Call didn't come along. Instead the movie Terminator came out and we found ourselves calling him the Collinator...and now it's just Nater. We'll see how long it lasts or what comes of it. Here he is being his cute little self!


Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's! We love this fun tradition. We always have mexican food for dinner, reenact the Nativity Scene and then sing Christmas Carols to the piano. This year Collin sat up by Grandma Juli (Craig's mom), and played the keys the whole time she played Christmas Carols. I loved it!

Here's the girls: Juli, Abbie, Me, Mikele, Tulsi, Brenda, Camri, and Dayle

The pics fuzzy but here are the boys:
Dale, Chad, Tracy, Ken, Steve, Matt (holding pic of cousin Elder Kass), Collin, and Craig

Christmas was soooo much funner than it has ever been now that we have a little one around. Here he is shaking his present to try and guess what's inside! Hmmm seems to be 'jamas.

Pretty stoked to have car pajamas! All dressed and ready for Santa!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree nicknames are a funny thing. My kids nicknames are so odd, I would have never of thought of calling them by these names, but they just happen and stick. We do Mexican food for Christmas Eve too, mmmmm soooo good!!!

Brie said...

Collin is so cute!! I have funny nicknames for Addi but I don't even know where they came from. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I love his nickname! It looks like you had fun Christmas!! I hope you guys have a great NEW YEAR!!!!!

Travis and Malea said...

Holy cow he is so cute, and I love the nick name! glad you guys are doing good!!!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Collin is so cute! Nater isn't too bad... my mom and dad have started calling Amanda Tootie Bootie! I'm sure she'll love that when she's 16!

Andrea said...

Nater... thats cute!

Andrew - Tamara - Emma said...

How are you?!! Looks like you took a trip to San Diego..fun!! Yes we are now here in Texas and things are going great. I am going to start looking for a job soon so I have been able to just hang out and have fun with Emma while Andrew works and have loved it, but now that the NCLEX is behind me I am going to start looking so hopefully I will find a job I LOVE!! I hope everything is going well for you guys!